Here is a tip to get GPRS Internet connection in linux using wvdial
- Connect your mobile phone in to the usb port using the data cable provided.
- Open a terminal and type su ; then enter your root password.
- Type lsusb and check whether your mobile pone is detected.
- Type wvdialconf /etc/wvdial.conf ; this will configure your mobile phone and detect it as a modem and writes in to /etc/wvdial.conf.
- Note down the name of the mobile device shown by the above command; eg: /dev/ttyACM0.
- Edit your /etc/wvdial.conf using the command vi /etc/wvdial.conf.
- Enter your dialling no: in the line Phone :[number] and Modem=[device]; an example file:
- Modem = /dev/ttyACM0
- Baud = 230400
- Init1 = ATZ
- Init2 = ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0
- ISDN = 0
- Modem Type = Analog Modem
- Phone = *99***1#
- Username = A
- Password = B
- Stupid Mode = 1
8. type wvdial to connect to internet; type ctrl+c to exit.